Taming Depression Throughout a Lifetime
According to a 2004 survey by the American College Health Association, nearly half of all college students report feeling so depressed at some point in time that they have trouble functioning, and 14.9 percent meet the criteria for clinical depression. This marks an increase of 4.6% in the number of students who reported having ever been diagnosed with depression over a four-year time span. A majority (85%) of these students with moderate to severe depression experience suicidal thoughts.
Mr. Cummins has spent nearly 25 years in the field of mental health. He has counseled thousands of clients and families on how to battle depression nationwide. He is one of the few people who can make the topic of depression lively, interactive and entertaining, while presenting a comprehensive approach to preventing and overcoming depression. This presentation is particularly effective with groups as they are the most important variable to battling depression.
- Understand the causes of depression
- Learn how to identify symptoms of depression
- The need for social interest and evils of isolation
- Keep moving or surrender
- How to challenge negative thinking
- What role does medication play?
- Improve stress management
- Improve management of financial struggles
- What role does compassion play in battling depression
- How does alcohol use contribute to depression
- Managing the burdens of college both real and perceived
"Informative, lively, entertaining!"
Michael Peterson -Seminar Attendee
"Charlie amazingly transforms people and excites them about making changes in their lives. He fills the room with energy and optimism while presenting an action plan of how to find success. He has a passion for life and for doing the work he loves."
Sabrina Beck, Ridgeview Institute